Thanks a lot
Hi Michael ,
Ive been home since the 1st August & l’m finding it pretty hard to adjust to the Adelaide weather & get back into the routine of everyday life !
I really loved Turkey . I met some great people, saw awesome things & l really wished l had of been able to spend more time there.
All the media hype had put a little bit of fear into me, which was unnecessary, as l felt safe there . l did feel really sorry to see how many businesses are suffering because of this.
I would really love to return one day & travel at a slower pace.
It was a pretty hectic 5 days, but awesome just the same!
We had a wonderful trip and I wanted to say thank you. Hope to travel again with you!
Despite some very warm weather, we enjoyed every place you suggested. I really appreciated your advice to stay the 3 days in Kas – it was such a great break and in fact would definitely put that on my list to stay for an extended period of time. Also, Istanbul during Ramadan was really fun. Anyway, thanks again for a wonderful and safe experience.
Wanted to tell you the trip was fabulous. EVERYONE was great. All bus drivers , the 2 tour guides, Turkish dinner, balloon ride. So amazing and memorable. Thank you to you and your fabulous staff.
Just a short note to say how much we very much enjoyed our holiday in Turkey. Some key things we learned about Turkey:
· Turkey is as safe as any other European city. At no stage did we feel unsafe, uncertain or vulnerable. In fact we felt very safe. There was a good security presence at key points: airport and tourist attractions, which we found comforting. Nor was the security presence overwhelming to the point that it made travel difficult. We were in Turkey during the recent referendum and we saw no protests or demonstrations. The day after the referendum was just another day in this wonderful country.
· The food is amazing. We loved the food and there was lots of it! The BBQ’ed lamb, beef and chicken was delicious. The seafood at Kuşadashi was fresh and cooked over a hot grill Turkish style. The vegetables were fresh and tender, and the fruit (especially the oranges) juicy and to die for. We have never tasted Turkish delight like that which we found in the spice bazaar in Istanbul.
· Turkey has a rich and diverse culture and history. If you are interested in Greek, Roman, Byzantium, Christian and Islamic history, go to Turkey. Sitting astride the Silk Road, Turkey is a rich confluence of history and culture. We could spend months in Istanbul walking the back streets absorbing the rich history of this wonderful city. The Greek and Roman ruins of Ephesus, Troy, Pergamon and PMD are breathtaking.
· Turkey is very cheap. Hotels, food, transport are all very cheap by Australian standards. Daily living costs in most of Turkey was less than $AUS50 per person.
· The transport system is modern and very easy to use. We caught a modern air-conditioned bus from Istanbul to Eceabat, and later a Turkish Airlines domestic flight from Denizli to Istanbul. Services were prompt, clean and very professional. The internal flight was as good as any flight between Sydney to Melbourne flying Qantas.
· Most importantly, the people are incredibly warm and likeable. They have a natural affinity with Australians, not so much for our shared military experience, but we seem to share good nature and optimism.
Michael and his team at TTC helped us pull together a trip to the Aegean and Istanbul which was truly memorable. We were fortunate to be privately guided on most days. The standard of guides in Turkey is very high. All were university educated, spoke beautiful English and were lovely people. The guides were a key element to our wonderful holiday. The accommodation booked by TTC was four star, modern, clean and comfortable. We very much enjoyed the accommodation in Istanbul at the Dosso Dossi within walking distance of the historical old city sites.
Most importantly, we are determined to return to Turkey as we believe that this was one of the best holidays we ever experienced.
Our thanks again and best wishes,
I know this has been a while but Nigel and I wanted to thank you for all your patience and " encouragement to continue with our trip to Turkey.
We had THE BEST trip. It was enhanced by yourself, Mehmet and Ihsan. Your organisation, Knowledge, prompt responses and helpfulness was fantastic.
We also loved Mehmet ( at the end of our tour.... explaining that a tip was not necessary as he loved his job.) One of our pet hates is the tipping at the end of a tour.
Wondering how much and when etc. we tipped as we really appreciated the knowledge and passion he exhibited. He was such an integral part of us enjoying everything.
As for the trip, it was exceptional value for money, so full on and so full of amazing experiences.
We would have liked an extra day on the way down the coast, just to enjoy one of the
Towns and a wander around the real places. The gulet cruise was delightful. We were , extremely happy and enjoyed the experience. The experiences of Cappadocia were just awesome. We enjoyed everything.
Once again,thanks. We will definitely recommend you to others and hopefully we might be able to return one day to enjoy the other million places and experiences that we didn't have time for.
Best wishes and thanks again.
Gail Godden and Nigel Rose.
Hi Michael We have just finished our 7 day tour of Turkey and can't speak more highly of your staff and affiliates. Wherever we went in Turkey the tour guides were outstanding. In particular Nour in Istanbul and Aisha (please forgive the spelling!) were excellent. Their knowledge and personalities made for fun and interesting days. The guides for Gallipoli and Troy were also excellent. Our accommodation was generally very good with most staff being very obliging. Thank you so much for a great week. We look forward to returning to Turkey in the future. Kevin & Anthea Parry
Here you will find some photos of our most recent (Sep 16) Australian group tour.