Just a short note to say how much we very much enjoyed our holiday in Turkey. Some key things we learned about Turkey:
· Turkey is as safe as any other European city. At no stage did we feel unsafe, uncertain or vulnerable. In fact we felt very safe. There was a good security presence at key points: airport and tourist attractions, which we found comforting. Nor was the security presence overwhelming to the point that it made travel difficult. We were in Turkey during the recent referendum and we saw no protests or demonstrations. The day after the referendum was just another day in this wonderful country.
· The food is amazing. We loved the food and there was lots of it! The BBQ’ed lamb, beef and chicken was delicious. The seafood at Kuşadashi was fresh and cooked over a hot grill Turkish style. The vegetables were fresh and tender, and the fruit (especially the oranges) juicy and to die for. We have never tasted Turkish delight like that which we found in the spice bazaar in Istanbul.
· Turkey has a rich and diverse culture and history. If you are interested in Greek, Roman, Byzantium, Christian and Islamic history, go to Turkey. Sitting astride the Silk Road, Turkey is a rich confluence of history and culture. We could spend months in Istanbul walking the back streets absorbing the rich history of this wonderful city. The Greek and Roman ruins of Ephesus, Troy, Pergamon and PMD are breathtaking.
· Turkey is very cheap. Hotels, food, transport are all very cheap by Australian standards. Daily living costs in most of Turkey was less than $AUS50 per person.
· The transport system is modern and very easy to use. We caught a modern air-conditioned bus from Istanbul to Eceabat, and later a Turkish Airlines domestic flight from Denizli to Istanbul. Services were prompt, clean and very professional. The internal flight was as good as any flight between Sydney to Melbourne flying Qantas.
· Most importantly, the people are incredibly warm and likeable. They have a natural affinity with Australians, not so much for our shared military experience, but we seem to share good nature and optimism.
Michael and his team at TTC helped us pull together a trip to the Aegean and Istanbul which was truly memorable. We were fortunate to be privately guided on most days. The standard of guides in Turkey is very high. All were university educated, spoke beautiful English and were lovely people. The guides were a key element to our wonderful holiday. The accommodation booked by TTC was four star, modern, clean and comfortable. We very much enjoyed the accommodation in Istanbul at the Dosso Dossi within walking distance of the historical old city sites.
Most importantly, we are determined to return to Turkey as we believe that this was one of the best holidays we ever experienced.
Our thanks again and best wishes,
I know this has been a while but Nigel and I wanted to thank you for all your patience and " encouragement to continue with our trip to Turkey.
We had THE BEST trip. It was enhanced by yourself, Mehmet and Ihsan. Your organisation, Knowledge, prompt responses and helpfulness was fantastic.
We also loved Mehmet ( at the end of our tour.... explaining that a tip was not necessary as he loved his job.) One of our pet hates is the tipping at the end of a tour.
Wondering how much and when etc. we tipped as we really appreciated the knowledge and passion he exhibited. He was such an integral part of us enjoying everything.
As for the trip, it was exceptional value for money, so full on and so full of amazing experiences.
We would have liked an extra day on the way down the coast, just to enjoy one of the
Towns and a wander around the real places. The gulet cruise was delightful. We were , extremely happy and enjoyed the experience. The experiences of Cappadocia were just awesome. We enjoyed everything.
Once again,thanks. We will definitely recommend you to others and hopefully we might be able to return one day to enjoy the other million places and experiences that we didn't have time for.
Best wishes and thanks again.
Gail Godden and Nigel Rose.
Hi Michael We have just finished our 7 day tour of Turkey and can't speak more highly of your staff and affiliates. Wherever we went in Turkey the tour guides were outstanding. In particular Nour in Istanbul and Aisha (please forgive the spelling!) were excellent. Their knowledge and personalities made for fun and interesting days. The guides for Gallipoli and Troy were also excellent. Our accommodation was generally very good with most staff being very obliging. Thank you so much for a great week. We look forward to returning to Turkey in the future. Kevin & Anthea Parry
Here you will find some photos of our most recent (Sep 16) Australian group tour.
Michael and Ihsan
My wife and I have just returned home from our outstanding tour of Turkey.
Everything went absolutely brilliantly. The fact that every day involved a different tour operator but that it all came together is nothing short of incredible. The hotels were high quality and in excellent locations.
The fact that recent events have caused a dramatic drop in tourist numbers is particularly sad for your business and for Turkey. However, for us it was a benefit, as we were able to see all the key sights without hordes of people.
Of course we also had the luxury of personalized attention on most days.
Just one suggestion for the future. While in Cappadocia we went to a Turkey dinner and cultural show that was outstanding. This is something you might wish to include as an optional extra for future tourists.
Once again, my sincere thanks.
We'll certainly recommend Turkey Travel to all our friends.
This is the second year I have used Turkey Travel Centre to plan my trip to Greece and Turkey. And as the previous year the whole process of travelling about with always some one waiting my arrival with my name and then being met to move onto the next destination has been orchestrated by Michael and his team....every last detail from ferry tickets, excursions, hotel room type and inclusion to pick ups and drop offs all done.
The accommodation has been perfect and the additional excursions have been fantastic! Nothing is any difficulty for TTC and if I needed them it was merely a phone call, not that it arose.
I was delighted to finish my walking tour today and be met by part of the team who seem to have become my good friends here in Turkey to enjoy lunch and lively conversation.
Thank you to Michael, Ihsan and Mimet for a wonderful day and ensuring once again my holiday was everything I hoped for and more!
I was hoping to give you some feedback from our recent trip.
Thanks for arranging a good trip for the two of us. All of the transfers and pick ups were excellent and punctual except one but they informed us that they were running late. All of the hotels used were excellent as well.
Thank you for organizing our Turkey tour, we have had an amazing time, have seen beautiful sights and met some lovely people.
All the accommodation was great with all staff very friendly and accommodating and we would happily stay at any of these hotels again. They were all in great locations as we were able to walk from the hotel to some great restaurants and shopping areas. The staff at the Sokullu Pasa Hotel in Istanbul were very helpful after the terrorist bombing at the airport ,checking with pickups and the airport to make sure all was ok. A sad ending to our trip but this would not put us off going back to such a beautiful, friendly country. Our Show in Istanbul was cancelled due to lack of people but we were compensated with a lovely meal and it was great to meet up with your colleague.
All pickups were punctual and all the guides very friendly, they spoke English very clearly and had an amazing amount of knowledge.
Its very hard to have a favourite place as we loved all the places we went to but if we had to name any it would be Kas with its beautiful setting and Cappadocia. The balloon ride was amazing and what a fantastic place to do it.
Thank you for organizing our trip and the fantastic experiences we have had.
Judith and Richard